This policy only applies to the Websites and not to other websites to which we provide links. You are advised to read the privacy policies of such other websites.
When you supply any personal information to WEIDER we have legal obligations towards you in the way we deal with that information. We must collect the information fairly, that is, we must explain how we will use it and tell you if we want to pass the information on to anyone else. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as you use the service you have requested, and remove it in the event that the purpose has been met, or you no longer wish to continue your registration as a personalised user.
What information do we collect?
We will only collect personal information which you have voluntarily provided to us. For example:
- When you place any order for a Magazine or any goods or services featured in them or on the Websites, we need to collect your name and contact information (for example, delivery address and email address) credit or debit card number and the card's expiry date. This allows us to process and fulfil your orders and to notify you of the status of your order. We may also ask for your telephone number which enables us to contact you urgently if there is a problem with your order.
- When you enter a contest or other promotional feature, we may ask for your name, address and e-mail address so we can administer the contest or promotion and notify you accordingly (for example, if you are a contest winner).
Use of Information
By submitting information and/or using the Website you agree that WEIDER may obtain, hold and use your information for the purpose of providing you with its services and for its internal business purposes.
These include, without limitation:
- Fulfilling orders for products or services;
- Marketing our other products and services to you (by post, telephone, fax, email or other available method) unless you indicate in the registration process or by other means (e.g. by ticking the relevant box(es)) or subsequently notify us that you do not wish to receive such material;
- Contacting you if we change our products and services or terms or if we need to give notice of those terms;
- Carrying out user surveys (see below);
- Sending password reminders;
- For the prevention of fraud;
- For any purpose required by law or regulatory authority; and
- Our accounting purposes
Disclosure of Information
The information you provide to us may be accessed by or given to staff and third parties working outside of the UK who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you. These parties may process information, fulfil and deliver orders, process credit cards or provide support on our behalf. We may also provide third parties with aggregate statistical information regarding usage of the Website but this will not include information which could be used to identify you.
In the event that processing of your information involves the transfer of any information outside of the European Economic Area, you consent to such transfer. Note that countries outside of the European Economic Area may not always have strong data protection laws. However, WEIDER will take reasonable steps to ensure your information is used in accordance with this policy.
We may share your personal information with carefully selected third parties to enable them to market their products and services to you, but only if you indicate this in the registration process or other processes (and we will stop doing this if you subsequently notify us that you do not wish materialus to share your personal information in this way).
We expressly reserve the right to disclose any information to comply with any applicable laws or regulations.
If our business enters a joint venture or is sold or merged with another business, your information (including personally identifiable information) may be disclosed, transferred, sold or assigned by us to our new owners or business partners.
Users Under 18
If you are under 18, please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to the WEIDER Website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
WEIDER occasionally runs surveys in which participation is optional. Participants are asked to supply contact information and demographic information that pertains to health and fitness. Contact information is also used to contact the user when necessary, or for the delivery of prizes or rewards.
Transmission of information over the internet cannot be guaranteed to be secure. While we employ reasonable security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and the use of the Website.
We cannot guarantee that the Website is free from viruses or malicious codes. You agree that it is your responsibility to satisfy yourself that your own information technology is protected against such viruses and/or codes.
Changing or accessing your personal information
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. The file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Cookies used on this site serve the following purposes:
- Session Cookies. These are used by the Joomla CMS to display personalised information based around which pages you have visited on our site
- When a competition is running, a cookie is set so you only see our pop-up banner once.
Overall, cookies help us to provide a better website enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.